UshahidiGet the code
What is it?
The Ushahidi Platform helps communities turn information into action with an intuitive and accessible crowdsourcing and mapping tool. By enabling the rapid collection, management and analysis of crowdsourced information, Ushahidi empowers everyone - individuals, community groups, governments, activists, organizations - to create meaningful change.
Why it was developed?
The Platform has become an essential tool for tackling social, political and public health challenges and promoting meaningful change, including:
- Relief efforts following earthquakes in Haiti and Nepal
- Supporting COVID-19 response and recovery around the world
- Ensuring fair elections in the US, Kenya and Nigeria
- Monitoring and exposing corruption in Indonesia
- Documenting police brutality in Portland during the Black Lives Matter protests
- Helping women confront sexual violence in Egypt
Why we are sharing it?
Corporate and customized deployments
Ushahidi can create and scale customized deployments to meet the needs of your organization.
Private internal-only deployments
Make your deployment private so that only your internal organization or community can see it
Customized user roles
Configure user roles with only the features your team needs to use
Support and hosting
Get a private, secure hosting environment and direct support from our team of expert deployers
Configuration and migration
We can configure your deployment and migrate existing data
Have you reused or are you planning to reuse this tool?
Simply send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting a "tool reuse badge", exclusive to the IDB.